Thursday, December 3, 2009

'Tis the Season

It's Holiday shopping time!

This Thanksgiving break sucked a ton of energy from me. It was nice to have 5 days off of work though. So I won't complain too much. I just don't understand why there has to be so much traffic on Thanksgiving, but I guess that's LA for you. I also did not participate in the madness of Black Friday. I refuse to trample an old lady to save $5 on a blender. I found out through some web surfing that the online deals were just as good, if not better, than what was in store; especially Amazon.com. Thanks to my handy investigative work I am halfway done with my Holiday shopping. Yay! I only have to live off water and crackers for the rest of the month.

Here are some of the sites where I scored great deals:

  1. Amazon.com ... obviously! (bonus points for shopping here because my stepdad's company provides all of the shipping materials)
  2. Overstock.com ( I didn't shop here but my friend did and she found a great deal on Diamond earrings for her mom)
  3. GiftCardRescue ( I saw the owner pitch his business plan on Shark Tank and made sure to check it out for the holidays)
  4. NineWest (50% off a huge selection of shoes for your shoe-loving BFF)
  5. RachelRoy ( ok so I only threw this one in because I needed a New Years Eve outfit but then I stumbled upon the sale section and fell in love with the perfect dress)
Good luck with shopping this holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah! I will leave you with a clip from my all-time FAVORITE xmas movie.



~ Jackie D.

No comments:

Post a Comment